Thoracic procedures in children involve procedures on the diaphragm, esophagus, lung and mediastinum.
Procedures are offered for the following conditions:
- Diaphragmatic eventration/ paralysis
- Esophageal atresia and trachea-oesophageal fistula (TOF)
- Congenital and acquired strictures of the esophagus
- Esophageal foreign bodies
- Mediastinal cysts and masses
- Laryngoscopy, bronchoscopy, esophagoscopy and thoracoscopy when required
For procedures on the lungs please refer to the section on lung lesions.