Apart from the complex care provided at the Children’s Hospital, we also provide general medical care. We have a team of world class consultant general paediatricians providing two levels of care: an outpatient service for children who require general paediatric consultations and assessment; and management of acutely unwell children within the hospital.
The general paediatric service includes:
- An outpatient service where your child can see one of our consultants
- Assessment and management of acutely unwell children (where your child becomes suddenly ill)
- Assessment of inpatients, if treatment is necessary, or regular review of your child’s progress by our paediatricians, whilst admitted
The general paediatricians diagnose and treat conditions that don’t require surgery, as well as making referrals to their surgical colleagues where surgical intervention is required.
Some of the conditions they treat are:
- Normal baby checks
- Routine and optional immunisation
- Feeding difficulties in babies, toddlers and children
- Sudden high fever caused by illness
- Chronic (long term) illnesses
- General allergies
- General respiratory ailments
Whether your child is suddenly unwell or requires a routine appointment, our consultants are here to help, offering ongoing management and ensuring continuity of care.